Elevate your involvement in the fight against HIV by applying for a scholarship to attend the 25th International AIDS Conference, AIDS 2024, happening in Munich, Germany, and virtually from 22 to 26 July. This opportunity is open to individuals aged 18 and above, actively engaged in work, volunteering, or studying in the field of HIV. The scholarships also cover attendance for pre-conferences on 21 and 22 July at the conference venue.
Application Deadline: 23 January 2024
Priority Consideration for:
- Abstract presenters
- Workshop facilitators and co-facilitators
- Global Village organizers and co-organizers with selected submissions
- Applicants from low-income and lower-middle-income countries
- Key populations and people living with HIV
- Young people and junior investigators below 35
- First-time recipients of International AIDS Conference scholarships
Note: Limited scholarships available for media representatives.
Types of Financial Support: The International AIDS Society (IAS) is offering both in-person and virtual scholarships for AIDS 2024. Specify your attendance preference and the required financial support in your application. Due to high demand, full scholarships or in-person attendance may not be guaranteed for all selected candidates.
In-person Attendance Includes:
- Registration for in-person and virtual access
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class return ticket)
- Accommodation in a budget hotel
- Daily living allowance
Virtual Attendance Includes:
- Registration for full online access
- Accessibility support based on candidates’ connectivity needs
- 15 November 2023: Submissions open
- 23 January 2024: Submissions close
- February/March 2024: Review and selection
- Early April 2024: Announcement of results
How to Apply
To apply, eligible candidates will have to answer questions about their background, experience and motivation to attend the conference. They will have to upload a letter of recommendation, which must:
- Be written in English by a manager or colleague who is familiar with your work, volunteer experience or studies in HIV and can be your referee
- Include a letterhead of your referee’s organization, company or institution
- Be dated within two months of your application submission and signed (original or digital signature) by your referee
- Explicitly reference you and support your scholarship application for AIDS 2024, explaining why you would be a good candidate for the scholarship
Please ensure that the uploaded documents are fully legible and open correctly. If we are unable to view or open your documents, your application will be considered invalid.
In the application form, candidates will be able to indicate what attendance type they prefer and request different types of financial support.
For more information, VISIT HERE