Relocate and Work in the UK as a Health Care Assistant

Due to demographic trends there has been a growing demand for healthcare assistants, support workers and senior care workers in the United Kingdom. It is an opportunity like no other for foreign nationals to relocate to the UK. This was not the case before as the opportunity window was only reserved for highly skilled and professional individuals such as Doctors, Nurses, IT professionals, Engineers, and gradually Accountants. If you are someone interested in relocating and working in the UK, here is an opportunity for you and your family.

Who are they looking for?

Care Companies/Sponsor in the UK are looking for international candidates that are trustworthy, loving and caring, empathetic, compassionate and sympathetic to work in care homes or other designated places. They are looking for someone that possesses various skills such as communication, organizational, interpersonal and other skills such as driving. You must have UK equivalent health care experience and you can get this by training with reputable institutions such as Online Programs by Florence Academy . You will be surprised to find out that you do not need to pay for any of the courses. However, it is important that you know that there is no formal qualifications required such as a degree or anything like that for you to qualify for this opportunity.

What is required?

If you are an overseas candidate interested in taking up this opportunity it is time you tick the boxes. If you do not know the requirements we are here to help. If you want to relocate to the UK as a care worker you must have:

  • An International passport
  • Tier 2 visa
  • Certificate Of Sponsorship (COS)
  • Certificate of training
  • Police clearance certificate
  • English proficiency test results
  • TB test certificate
  • Driver’s license
  • Air ticket

International Passport

You need to find out the requirements for obtaining a passport in your country. In most countries they usually require documents such as a national ID, birth certificate and a fully completed application form. You may also be required to pay an application fee. You will need your passport for the visa, flight and entry as well as stay in the UK.

Tier 2 Visa

When you have all other requirements in one place, you will need to submit a Tier 2 visa application that will be processed by a UK Embassy in your country. We urge you to make your visa application now as the turn around time for processing visas is currently very good. Before you make your visa application just make sure you have done due diligence by ensuring you got everything right. You do not want to make mistakes.

Certificate of Sponsorship (COS)

When you apply to a hiring company/Sponsor of your choice, the sponsor will issue you with a COS certificate depending with their eligibility and willing to do so. The certificate of sponsorship is an electronic record, not a physical document with a reference number, which you’ll need for your visa application. You must apply for your visa within 3 months of getting your certificate of sponsorship.

Certificate of Training

The hiring company will require you to issue them with a certificate of training even though further training will be made available to you when you arrive in the UK. You can get this training from reputable recognized establishments such as Online Programs by Florence Academy who have the confidence and trust of many hiring companies. You may get the courses being offered for free but due to an increase in demand you may have to pay.

Police Clearance/DBS

You will need to get your police clearance from your national police. You will also need a DBS from the UK police but you do not need to worry about that until you get to the UK. In some cases the hiring company is paying for the DBS which is about £50. You will however have to pay £13 after you have received your DBS.

English Proficiency Test Result

You are required to take a English test and it can either be general or academic. You will be tested in 4 segments namely reading, speaking, writing and listening. The British Council in your country offers International English Language Testing System examination so when you know you are ready you can go ahead and book for a sitting. You will just need to extensively practice in preparation for the examination. Some people will find it very easy especially if you are taking the general one. if you are a degree holder you may not need to take the test at all rather have your degree qualification evaluated.

TB Test Certificate

One of the requirements for applying for a visa to relocate and work in the UK is a Tuberculosis test, popularly known as TB test. It is a requirement if you are going to stay in the UK for more than 6 months.

Drivers License

The hiring companies are preferring to hire individuals that have a driving license as you will be required to drive from one place to another. The good news is if you already have a driving license you will be allowed to drive in the UK in your first year until you become eligible to take the British drivers license.

Air ticket

You do not need to worry about this until you get a decision from the British Embassy in your country confirming that you have been granted a visa by the British government to travel and work in the UK. The ticket is what you get in order to fly to the UK. The hiring company may purchase this for you depending on the content of your contract.

So what are you waiting for? You have before you an opportunity like never before to relocate and work in the United Kingdom. Do not miss it for anything!

NB: Global South Opportunities is NOT in anyway liable for any scamming that may transpire during the process of applying and relocating to the UK. It is your responsibility to verify the sponsoring company hiring you.

We are available on all major social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube. Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information on global opportunities.

LinkedIn I Instagram I Facebook I Twitter

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button