The Janeway Institute Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
Closing Date 15 January 2024
The Janeway Institute at the Faculty of Economics, Cambridge University has a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship available for candidates working on areas of economics related to transmission mechanisms and economic policy. Eligible candidates include those who have recently been awarded a doctoral degree or expect to receive their degree by September 2024.
The Fellowship is for a period of maximum three years, but candidates can request a shorter term of one to two academic year(s) if this is a better fit for their career plans. The Fellowships will be based at the Janeway Institute. The Janeway Institute was created to develop new fundamental ideas, methods and research which push the frontier of economics.
We welcome applications from researchers working on areas of economics related to transmission mechanisms and economic policy. This includes but is not limited to research into the contributions of firms and sectors in the aggregate economy, inquiries into how heterogeneity across households, firms, and other economic factors shapes the economy, and studies of the conduct and impact of monetary and fiscal policy in closed and open economies.
Successful candidates should demonstrate an ability to develop their own research ideas and indicate how they can contribute to the transmissions mechanisms research group in Cambridge. It is expected that successful candidates’ work will be at the cutting edge of the research frontier with a view to future publications in world leading journals.
Benefits of the Fellowship
Appointment at Research Associate level is dependent on having a PhD. Those who have submitted but not yet received their PhD by the start date will be appointed as a Research Assistant (Grade 5, Point 38 £32,982). Upon award of their PhD, the individual will be appointed to Research Associate (Grade 7, Point 41 £36,024).
Fellows would also have the possibility of joining a college.
Applications should consist of:
- a curriculum vitae;
- expression of interest cover letter outlining how you would be able to contribute to the Janeway Institute in light of your research interests;
- a job market paper;
- supplementary material such as other available research papers;
Three references will be sought upon receipt of application.
How to apply
- We particularly welcome applications from women for this vacancy as they are currently under-represented at this level in our Faculty.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
- Queries may be directed to Marion Reusch, Janeway Institute Administrator, [email protected]
- Please quote reference JH39284 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.