Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Do you want to contribute to sustainable development efforts on a global scale? Then seize the opportunity to join the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) as a paid intern.
UNIDO is a specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization, and environmental sustainability. Since its establishment in 1966, UNIDO has been at the forefront of efforts to foster economic growth and improve living standards in developing countries by promoting industrialization and international trade.
UNIDO offers a wide range of paid internship positions to talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an intern at UNIDO, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in various fields and contribute to projects that have a real impact on people’s lives.
Duration and Location:
Internship durations typically range from three to six months, with the possibility of extension based on performance and project needs. Internship positions may be based at UNIDO headquarters in Vienna, Austria, or at field offices around the world, providing interns with valuable international experience.
As a paid intern at UNIDO, you will receive a stipend to cover basic living expenses during your internship period. Additionally, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship from experienced professionals, and networking events to help you develop your skills and expand your professional network.
Areas of Work:
UNIDO offers internship positions in various areas, including but not limited to:
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Agribusiness and Rural Development
- Trade and Investment Promotion
- Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
- Project Management and Implementation
- Policy Analysis and Advocacy
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for an internship at UNIDO, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at an accredited university or have graduated within the past year. Stand Out from the Crowd: Paid Internship Roles at UNIDO Up for Grabs
- Fluent in English; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated interest in international development, industrialization, and sustainable practices.
- Strong analytical, communication, and teamwork skills. Stand Out from the Crowd: Paid Internship Roles at UNIDO Up for Grabs
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online through the UNIDO website and submit their resume/CV, cover letter, and any other required documents by the specified deadline. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Intern – Regional Coordination Bureau for Europe and Central Asia
|Communications Intern – Global Quality and Standards Programme
|Intern (Financial Services – Office of Director)
|Intern (Decarbonization and Sustainable Energy)
|Intern (Office of Legal Affairs and Compliance)
|Intern (Finance, Accounting, Treasury)