Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD) is looking for a Policy and Advocacy Intern, who will work closely with GFMD’s Executive Director and our Policy and Advocacy Manager.
Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)
- Assistance in coordination, promotion, and reporting of GFMD policy, advocacy and learning meetings and other GFMD project activities.
- Writing policy and advocacy materials, drafting policy briefings/papers and statements, and creating and managing content for the GFMD newsletters, website, resource pages, and social media pages.
- Gathering evidence, data, and best practices analysis for the implementation of GFMD’s digital advocacy projects and mechanisms.
- Assist with the strategic planning and execution of the Tech and Journalism Mechanism’s objectives and procedures as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
- Assist with the internal case management processes and protocols, including communication protocol with users, tech platforms, experts, and partners, as well as documentation filing, storage, and retrieval protocols and practices.
- Collecting and keeping track of relevant project monitoring and evaluation data.
Qualification and requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Development/International Cooperation, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Law or Media Studies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes, especially Excel, and proficiency in Google Workspace tools. Knowledge of Trello, Jotform, Slack, and other tools will be an asset.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills to produce reports and interact with internal and external partners.
- Other languages are an asset.
- Project management skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlinesIn addition to the essential skills and mwet deadlines.
In addition to the essential skills and experiences listed above, the following are essential for this role:
- Research skills
This is a four-month paid position (20-30 hours/week from the end of February until the end of June 2024) with the possibility of an extension that is open to remote applicants; living in Brussels is not required (but preferred).
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send an email to GFMD Advocacy and Policy Manager, Laura Becana Ball at [email protected] explaining why you are interested in the internship in no more than 400 words and attach your CV and an example of your writing.
Application deadline – 16 February 2024.