Customer Service Representative – Remote within Pacific Time Zone
World Vision is hiring Remote Customer Service Representatives (Pacific Time Zone) to join the Donor Contact Services team.
Location: Remote from registered U.S. States within the Pacific Time Zone
Required Experience: High school graduate/GED or equivalent required, as well as basic routine work experience. Minimum of 1-year previous customer service/sales work experience or call center experience preferred. Required minimum typing speed of 20 wpm.
Salary:15.24 – $19.00/hr. Applies to locations with a market similar to our U.S. HQ in the Greater Seattle area. A different range may apply based on your work location. Typical hiring range is expected to be $16.20 to $18.00/hour. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications, geographic location and pay equity.
Training hours (March 18th – approximately May 10th) will be 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific, Monday – Friday. After completion of training, you will be assigned an 8-hour shift anywhere between Call Center operating hours, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific, with two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch. Please note, schedules are assigned via a shift-bid and that order of selection is based on seniority.
The Job World Vision is a global Christian humanitarian non-profit organization, partnering with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
As a Customer Service Representative within the Donor Contact Services Call Center, you will begin with an approximately 8-week paid Training Program to gain a working knowledge of the position and ability to perform the essential functions of the job at a level of performance that consistently meets expectations. Within the hands-on and intensive training program, you will learn, understand, and develop the skills necessary to acquire and maintain donor relationships through inbound and outbound calls in a high-volume call center environment.
Customer Service Representatives serve as the key liaison and “voice of World Vision” to our donors and the general public while providing excellent customer service for all World Vision programs including disaster relief, education, health, clean water, and more. This role will personify the ministry of World Vision by carrying out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. In doing so, we bear witness to Christ and minister to others through life, deed, word, and sign.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Develop knowledge of World Vision Programs.
- Maintain reliable, regular attendance. Report to work on time and return from breaks and lunches on time.
- Under supervision, learn to answer inbound customer service calls and make outbound calls, to current and potential donors in response to all media presentations and World Vision products and services. Answer incoming calls using an Automated Call Distribution system utilizing a standard script for guidance. Recognize and respond to up-sell opportunities and actively cross-sell other WV programs when appropriate.a. Through training and active participation, demonstrate active listening skills necessary to assess callers’ needs and input information accurately and efficiently using data entry and ten-key skills.b. Achieve and maintain an acceptable level of individual statistics to accomplish Call Center business goals.c. Conduct research and effectively respond to inquiries utilizing a variety of resource materials and methods.d. Develop skills to utilize technology for maintaining and updating donor information as appropriate.e. Accepts constructive feedback and welcomes instruction and direction.
- Under supervision, research and effectively respond to inquiries utilizing a variety of resource materials and methods.
- Learn and effectively communicate World Vision’s involvement in ministries and projects around the world.
- Be sensitive to Donor’s needs and pray with them when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
Required Experience and Skills
This role requires:
- High school graduate/GED or equivalent.
- Basic routine work experience. Prefer a minimum of 1-year previous customer service/sales work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 products (Outlook, Word, Teams) with demonstrated ability to learn new software platforms.
- Must type minimum of 20 WPM.
- Access to a reliable, high speed internet connection, with an average minimum download speed of 25 mbps, and an average upload speed of 6 mpbs.
We also prefer the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the use of proper grammar in written and verbal communications.
- Willingness to accept constructive feedback, instruction and direction.
- Ability to work efficiently while maintaining an appropriate level of speed.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility.
- Ability to keep composure during challenging situations.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening and display empathy through the phone.
· Show a passion for sharing God’s love with others.
What to Expect On March 18th,
- you’ll join a hardworking and committed group of mission-minded colleagues, all focused on providing top-notch customer service.
- In a highly structured Call Center environment, you will engage in inbound and outbound calls, utilizing multiple computer systems to assist in donor interactions.
- As the “Voice of World Vision” to our valued donors you will also have opportunities to support them through meaningful prayer.
- You’ll be involved in fundraising initiatives and will offer extra donation opportunities to our donors. Within the highly structed call center environment, you can expect specific schedules, call protocols, and performance metrics.
- Customer Service Representatives can also expect a faith-filled, customer-focused, caring and supportive work environment, where you’ll be able share God’s love with others.
Salary Range and Benefits:
- Your salary is important to you so it’s important to us. The full range for this position is $15.24 – $19.00/hr.
- This applies to locations with a market similar to our U.S. HQ in the Greater Seattle area. A different range may apply based on your work location.
- Typical hiring range is expected to be $16.20 to $18.00/hour. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications, geographic location and pay equity.
- In addition, during training you will receive medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), workers compensation insurance and qualify to utilize our Employee Assistance Program. Additionally, merit may be available to eligible employees based on existing plan.
What happens next?
After applying, candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted to submit a video response to 3 interview questions. If selected to move forward in the interview process, further steps include:
- A phone interview with our recruiting team
- A brief online typing and data entry skills test
- A video interview with members of the Donor Contact Services team
- A spiritual and professional reference check
- Upon acceptance of offer, a criminal background check