The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, also known as the German Corporation for International Cooperation, is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates in more than 130 countries worldwide, working on behalf of the German government, other national governments, international organizations, and private sector clients. The organization focuses on a wide range of areas such as economic development, environmental sustainability, peace and security, and social development. In this post, we will explore the GIZ recruitment process, open jobs, and online application procedures
Types of Positions at GIZ
- Project Management: GIZ hires project managers to oversee and implement development projects in different countries. These positions require strong organizational skills, project management experience, and the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Technical Experts: GIZ recruits technical experts in fields such as agriculture, renewable energy, water management, and more. These experts provide specialized knowledge and support to projects in their respective areas of expertise.
- Advisory Roles: GIZ offers advisory roles in areas like policy advice, capacity development, and institutional strengthening. Advisors work closely with partner organizations and government agencies to provide strategic guidance and support.
- Support Functions: In addition to programmatic roles, GIZ also hires professionals in support functions such as finance, human resources, procurement, and communications. These roles are essential for the smooth functioning of the organization.
If you are looking for current career opportunities at GIZ, there are several ways to explore and apply for positions within the organization.
1. GIZ Official Website: The most reliable and up-to-date source for finding open career opportunities at GIZ is their official career website ( 68 Positions available right now!). The website typically provides detailed information about each position, including job descriptions, requirements, and application procedures.
2. Online Local Job Portals: You can also find open career opportunities at GIZ listed on various online Local job portals and platforms dedicated to international development jobs. These platforms allow you to filter job listings based on your preferences and qualifications.
1. Visit the GIZ Careers Website:
You may also like:
- UNICEF Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- GIZ Recruitment ( February 2024) : 68 Jobs/Vacancies
- Government Jobs & Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application process
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online jobs application
- Embassy of Australia Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online Application
- Concern Worldwide Recruitment ( February 2024) : 11 Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Go to the official GIZ careers website at https://jobs.giz.de.
- Browse through the available job openings to find a position that matches your qualifications and interests.
- If you find a suitable job opening, you will need to create an account on the GIZ careers portal.
- Fill in the required personal information and create a username and password for your account.
3. Complete Your Profile:
- Once your account is created, complete your profile by providing detailed information about your education, work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Make sure to upload an updated resume/CV and any other relevant documents requested for the application.
4. Apply for a Job:
- After completing your profile, you can apply for the desired job by clicking on the “Apply” button next to the job posting.
- Follow the instructions provided to submit your application online.
5. Monitor Your Application:
- Keep track of your application status by logging into your account regularly.
- You may receive notifications or requests for additional information during the recruitment process.
6. Prepare for Interviews:
- If your application is shortlisted, prepare for interviews by researching GIZ, understanding the job requirements, and practicing common interview questions.
7. Receive Job Offer:
- If you successfully pass the interview process, you may receive a job offer from GIZ.
- Review the offer carefully, negotiate terms if necessary, and formally accept the position.