We will be accepting applications until February 6, 2024. We have an anticipated hire date for April 1, 2024. In effort to be transparent about next steps, the expected hiring process goes as:
- Application and Video Interview (Note that your application is not finalized until you complete both written and one way- video responses which are due by February 6, 2024)
- Performance Task and 1:1 Q&A with OYM CEO
- Panel Interview/1:1 interview with OYM CEO
- Reference Checks/Offer
For those that are interested in learning more about OnYourMark and the Head of Product and Program role we encourage you to review here to learn more.
Who We Are
OnYourMark Education is a high dosage virtual tutoring service providing individualized early literacy virtual foundational skills instruction to elementary students grounded in the science of reading. We partner with schools as a supplement to the literacy instruction already in place to ensure students get the foundational reading skills they need to excel!
Why We Exist
OnYourMark exists to ensure that the students we serve have a strong foundation to become thriving readers. We also believe that spreading an understanding of the science of how children learn to read can be transformative for tutors, teachers, children, and families. Getting foundational literacy skills right early will support children to read on grade level and diminish the need for schools to remediate at their current levels.
When you join the OnYourMark team, you commit to supporting students to become lifelong readers with the foundational reading skills to tackle future school and life challenges and adventures. Joining the OnYourMark team is right for you if you are invested in having an impact on the lives of young people, are committed to learning, and are inspired to be a part of eradicating educational inequities. Being a part of a founding team requires thriving in ambiguity and fully embracing OnYourMark’s start-up mantra, “find a need and fill the need.”
As Head of Product and Program at OnYourMark, you will lead the convergence of education and technology in our organization. This includes oversight of current tutoring programming as well as innovation, curriculum and instructional technology development, training and research during this exciting phase of growth. You will work closely with our CEO and other members of the organizational leadership team to develop and execute product strategy that aligns with our vision. You will lead strategy for product development and evolution which will likely include curriculum/material design and build, and technology capabilities for optimal program delivery.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in education with a specialization in instructional effectiveness and instructional technology; evidence of successful start-up leadership is preferred
- Experience leading product initiatives and managing teams of product managers and/or curriculum designers
- Evidence of leveraging and developing technology as a core function of instructional program delivery
- Leadership in leveraging technology (AI a plus!) for product development, program management, and training
- Deep understanding of education systems including the politics and change management of those systems
- Unwavering commitment to the science of reading and structured literacy approach to teaching reading to students in PK-5
- Dynamic team management; an ability to grow and support a high performing team in a quickly evolving, virtual work environment
- Excellent critical thinking, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- Track record of balancing a large volume of work streams with high levels of success
- A strong sense of possibility and growth mindset
- Love for the building process and operating in ambiguity
- Belief that there is no job too big or too small for any teammate in start-up
- Center diversity, equity, and inclusion of experience, thought, and action in all areas of work
As Head of Product at OnYourMark, your responsibilities will evolve over time as we continue to grow and expand our offerings. Some potential areas of focus include:
- Lead the largest and quickly evolving product and program team at OnYourMark–that focuses on direct and meaningful impact on the early readers we serve through tutoring
- Evolve current and develop new literacy tutoring products that align to our vision with an eye for scalability and increasing impact
- Develop and manage the product roadmap, balancing it with OnYourMark’s business objectives to ensure we are serving the needs of students and schools at scale
- Lead research and evaluation efforts to understand the impact of the tutoring program on students and to inform continuous improvement of OnYourMark product offerings
- Develop and lead a product technology arm that focuses on innovation and effective use of cutting edge technology that is scalable and drives revenue generation
- Collaborate for cross-functional alignment on product roadmap as it intersects with go-to-market and talent strategies to spur rapid growth
- Explore, create and own the strategy for how AI can increase tutor and operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Serve as a key senior leader on the Institutional Leadership Team
Working at OnYourMark
Be a founding member on a national team that is dedicated to building OnYourMark in service of our tutors and young readers across the country! We embrace the following values in all we do:
Children First—Our work is rooted in what is best for students at all times. We embrace the science of reading while ensuring student learning and social emotional needs are elevated in all moments.
Bold Innovation—We think and work BIG and refuse to be limited by what’s been done in the past as we set course for the future
High Quality Service—We cut through the noise to focus on great experiences for all our people (students, tutors, candidates and school partners all included!) We do this through a balance between support and accountability so all can thrive.
Inclusive—We center diversity, equity, and inclusion of experience, thought, and action in all areas of our work. We actively seek out perspectives that are different from our own, lean into discomfort, and examine how our biases impact ourselves and others.
Empowerment—We bring out the best of what is already inside of others. Our students become readers, our tutors become stronger teachers, our staff become door openers, and our organization is continuously improving.
All OnYourMark teammates are fully remote and enjoy the flexibilities that come with that. We work hard and thrive in a supportive environment that is really “All In” as required in a startup while centering each teammate as a whole person with real life needs and responsibilities (like picking kids up from school, going to the doctor, working out etc.) beyond our professional commitments.
One of our key mantras is “find a need and fill the need.” In practice this means often stepping outside the lanes of our job descriptions to lend a hand to whatever task is most pressing across the organization, from helping to interview tutor candidates, to getting students set up with the technology needed to be able to connect for sessions. There really is no job too big or too small for any teammate.
Problem-solvers and self-starters thrive at OnYourMark. There are natural ebbs and flows to the work that often mean long hours at the start of sessions and then role specific flexibilities that center around a more traditional work week. We also work across the country so early mornings or later evenings are possible depending on a teammate’s timezone and where the schools we serve are located.
Our work is fully virtual. Offices are based out of a home office, anywhere in the U.S. Some travel (<25%) may be required. OnYourMark offers a competitive benefits package.
Expected compensation at or around $170,000 – 200,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Visit the Official Webpage of OnYourMark Education here!https://apply.workable.com/onyourmark-tutoring/j/54A0965569/