Work remotely as an International Programs Project Officer at CLEAR Global, Apply Now.
Contract length: 3 months
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Remuneration: 2,700-3,200 USD / month (prorated to part-time hours if needed)
Deadline for applications: 15 February, 2024*
Due to the urgency of this recruitment, screening and interviews will commence immediately and the partner/organization can be selected at any stage before the closing date.
In addition to hiring one candidate from this vacancy, we will be assessing applicants and identifying a qualified pool of candidates for possible future vacancies.
CLEAR Global is an equal opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team,
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays,
- the flexibility of home-based/remote work,
- accommodation and per diems when on deployment.
The International Programs Project Officer will primarily contribute to the design, delivery, monitoring, and grant management of a variety of International Programs projects, working closely with the Program Coordinator and the wider International Programs team. Responsibilities will vary from full project implementation to coordination and task-based support depending on the projects and circumstances.
This is a wide-ranging position touching on all aspects of CLEAR Global’s program work and involving regular engagement with partners and team members around the world. We are looking for a dynamic team player able to think on their feet and propose solutions to the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment.
Project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Support with project design and proposal development input
- Planning and delivery of program activities as per the project proposal
- Assist the Program Coordinator in monitoring project implementation, outputs and outcomes, and ensure project-related data is clearly, safely and appropriately stored in line with CLEAR Global’s data protection standards
- Facilitate and pro-actively ensure that all cross-team activities are coordinated efficiently
- Project-specific financial planning and expense tracking
- Maintain accurate, clear, and compliant project documentation
- Write and compile donor reports
- Act as a point of contact for the project partners and maintain a positive, productive relationship externally and internally
- Together with the Program Coordinator, analyze partners’ needs and propose appropriate CLEAR Global solutions to improve two-way communication with guidance from Program Coordinator and other team members
- Collaborate with advocacy and communications colleagues to ensure external communication on the project makes maximum and accurate use of the available information
For some projects, some responsibilities outlined above will be shared with the Program Coordinator. The Project Officer will then be acting in a supporting role.
General program support
- Contribute to cross-team learning initiatives and the development of the International Programs Direction of Travel or other program development initiatives
- Support the team’s fact-finding and proposal development efforts as needed for rapid onset responses
- Provide general administrative, analytical, and coordination support to the International Programs team as required, including conducting needs assessments and/or analyzing findings, developing work and resource plans, preparing written documentation, filing, note-taking, arranging meetings, etc. and any other duties commensurate with the grade
The International Programs Project Officer should be a creative self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and an understanding of humanitarian action and should be enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to knowledge through language. The right candidate is an energetic team player and multitasker who agrees with CLEAR Global’s basic beliefs and values and who can work virtually with team members throughout the world.
- Previous experience in project support or project management in non-profit organizations, particularly in development and/or humanitarian action
- Demonstrable understanding of the humanitarian or development sector, and interest in the role of language in humanitarian action
- Strong writing skills in English, and excellent spoken English
- Proficiency in one or more additional languages relevant to the development and humanitarian action strongly preferred
- Capacity to work independently to achieve agreed targets
- Flexible and able to innovate to find creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, experience with financial record-keeping
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, email and other computer packages; willingness to explore new technologies
- Experience of information management, research or data collection and analysis a plus
- Experience with client relationship management (CRM) systems a plus
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 100,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.
How to apply
To apply, please click here