GRC is an international human rights law and development firm based in the Hague, committed to promoting international law, particularly international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as Finance Officer.
DUTY STATION: The full-time job will be remote.
CONTRACT DURATION: 6-month contract with a probable extension.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 Feb 2024
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will be a member of the finance team providing administrative and financial processing to ensure completion of award accounting in accordance with the funder directive. The Finance Officer will assist in the tracking and internal reporting of budgets on an award level and maintain the award budget integrity within the organization’s Accounting System.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors tracks, reconciles, and assists in monthly preparation of budget to actual reports for the organization’s grants and contracts with government agencies, foundations, and other funding sources including sub-awards.
- Proactive oversight and analysis of budgets, expenditures (including procurement), accruals, pipelines, cost projections, and allocations.
- Ensures fulfillment of each grant’s objectives and compliance with funder regulations and GRC policies when reconciling sub-award quarterly reports.
- Supports proposal budget preparation, working with program and business development teams when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of the funder’s and GRC’s financial policies and procedures and serving as a resource for program teams.
- Troubleshoots accounting problems; identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Assists the Finance Manager with annual and program audit preparation.
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing financial statement information reflecting the organization’s cash balances, expenditures, securities, and assets position
- Assists the Finance Manager in preparing periodic financial reports regarding grant status and spending to funders, as required by contract
- Reconciles and verifies grant-related invoices with organization records and contractual agreement
- Performs other duties assigned
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business administration desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience with an emphasis on reconciliation and financial reporting is required preferably in a non-profit or international development environment
- Experience with enterprise-level non-profit accounting software preferably QuickBooks
- Ability to gather financial data and accurately create spreadsheets and financial reports. Accuracy is most important,
- General knowledge of not-for-profit Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Standards –experience with financial reporting in the Netherlands would be a plus.
- Proficiency in financial management and accounting spreadsheet and word processing programs. Excellent knowledge of Excel is a must.
- Well-organized and able to handle multi-task in a busy office environment
- Demonstrate thoroughness and success with detailed work regardless of quantity or variety of data
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Can maintain stable and helpful performance under difficult circumstances, operating comfortably in an uncertain environment
- Willingness to take advantage of opportunities to avoid or solve problems
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the 18th of February indicating the position you are applying for in the email subject. Note that, as this is an urgent recruitment, we shall be shortlisting and interviewing applicants on a rolling basis and the vacancy may close earlier than the closing date.