About the ERM
We are the world’s largest advisory firm focused solely on sustainability, offering unparalleled expertise across business and finance.
ERM partners with clients to operationalize sustainability at pace and scale, through our unique combination of strategic transformation and technical delivery capabilities.
Our diverse global team of experts works with the world’s leading organizations to help them set clear sustainability targets, measure progress and operationalize strategy through deep implementation and business transformation.
With more than 50 years of experience, our ability to integrate sustainability solutions and our depth and breadth of technical knowledge are why organizations choose to partner with us as their trusted advisor.
Every one of us firmly believes in the potential to create value for our clients through an integrated approach to sustainability (because we have personally seen it and professionally achieved it).
Our team members are passionate about client service. We work closely with our clients to help them operationalize their sustainability goals and meet their environmental, health and safety objectives while advancing ERM’s purpose through delivering tangible progress in what the United Nations coined The Decade of Action.
Organizing our people across globally integrated communities of technical and strategic talent positions ERM to be a “boots to boardroom” leader in bringing that value creation to our clients, partners, and the world.
We recruit exceptional professionals with a personal and professional passion for sustainability and nurture them to even greater success as specialists. We prepare our consultants to bring integrated, innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients and provide opportunities for ongoing development across a variety of subject areas related to technical, business, and personal growth.
At ERM, effort pays off and becomes career defining work that leaves a positive imprint on our planet.
London, United Kingdom United Kingdom – Multiple Locations time type Full time posted on Posted Today job requisition idR00021768
Who we are:
- As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges, and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
- We are unmatched in our ability to operationalize sustainability across the business and investment life cycle and at all levels of an organization due to our deep sector and technical experience as well as geographical spread (over 170 offices across 40 countries and employing more than 8,000 people).
- At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground and at the executive level.
Various Human Rights Consultant roles (Consulting Associate – Principal Consultant)
- Our Sustainability Advisory & Transaction Services team is experiencing significant growth, and we are seeking individuals to deliver best-in-class services to meet this demand.
- Consultants in Human Rights roles within ERM’s Sustainability Advisory & Transaction Services team work on a wide range of strategic and operational engagements for private market investors and their portfolio companies. In addition to carry our reviews within vendor and buyer due diligence, our work includes human rights due diligence services: human rights policy, human rights risk assessments, saliency assessments, human rights impact assessments, development of grievance mechanisms, as well as sustainable supply chain & procurement advisory, supply chain risk mapping and others.
Positions will be involved in a variety of roles, including:
- Supporting our clients, the world’s foremost private market investors and the multinational companies of ERM’s portfolio, in driving ESG integration, developing ESG strategies, developing policies and procedures, conducting gap assessments.
More senior positions will be required to demonstrate and drive (to varying degrees) the following, with more junior roles supporting on project delivery as well as various aspects below:
- Lead and direct large, global projects, ensuring client satisfaction and profitability.
- Provide expert guidance on business and human rights, including supply chain.
- Drive innovation and growth within a dynamic team.
- Work with clients to help them comply with the CSDDD and other European legislation (German Supply Chain Act, Loi de Vigilance etc)
- Develop repeatable processes, frameworks, toolkits, assessment scorecards and other materials for clients and support their deployment across their business.
- Support ESG and impact due diligence on key ESG & impact drivers to increase value and reduce risks and provide recommendations for post-investment value creation initiatives, with focus on the “S” component.
- Demonstrate knowledge frameworks and regulatory drivers including CSDDD, Modern Slavery Act, Norwegian Transparency Act, German Supply Chain Act, the UNGPs, IFC PS etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and manage commercial and operational risks from conception through to project delivery.
- Ensure client satisfaction through project communications & engagement, quality of deliverables produced, translating complex technical topics into commercial opinions and potential opportunities.
- Provide leadership skills focused on engagement, decision-making, and execution.
- Previous experience working on responsible supply chain is desirable but not required.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being, and development. ERMers take accountability, are client-focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies.
If you share our values, believe in sustainability and are motivated by opportunities to enable a just transition that is anchored within human rights principles and makes a real impact to our clients, ERM is the right place for you.
Be a part of a team that’s making a real difference and experience a culture of excellence, inclusion, and professional growth.
Apply now to contribute to a sustainable future, helping clients address their most pressing sustainability needs, and grow with ERM.