Apply for the Blue Peace Middle East Youth Fellowship Programme & be Nurtured as a Future Leader for Transboundary Water Cooperation
The Blue Peace Middle East Youth Fellowship Programme is calling for applications from young professionals and recent graduates passionate about water, regional cooperation, and sustainable development in the Middle East. This unique opportunity aims to foster transboundary water cooperation and the Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystem (WEFE) Nexus as a tool for sustainable development in the region.
- Five-month fellowship based in Amman, Jordan.
- Collaborative research on the Yarmouk River Basin.
- Blend of academic learning, cultural immersion, and interactive activities.
- Science communication training with media partners.
- End task options: expanding Yarmouk study or developing a regional WEFE cooperation project.
- Below 30 years old, with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Nationals of Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or Türkiye.
- Proficiency in English and willingness to stay in Jordan for the fellowship.
Media Partnerships and Science Communication:
In addition to the research project, fellows will undergo science communication training facilitated by Blue Peace ME’s media partners. This training aims to equip participants with the skills to effectively communicate complex scientific concepts and engage in water diplomacy discussions with different stakeholders.
End Task Selection:
Fellows will have the opportunity to choose the program’s end task through unanimous voting. Options include expanding the Yarmouk Hydro-political Baseline study with a WEFE Nexus approach or developing a regional project proposal for potential WEFE cooperation in Blue Peace ME countries’ transboundary basins.
Community Engagement and Networking:
Fellows become part of the Blue Peace ME community and act as Youth Ambassadors. The program offers networking opportunities with regional peers and capacity building on topics like transboundary water cooperation and the WEFE Nexus.
Conditions and Support:
The fellowship, organized by the Blue Peace ME Coordination Office, is hosted by INWRDAM. It follows a hybrid format, combining online participation from March to April and in-person engagement from April to July. Blue Peace ME provides financial support, including a monthly stipend, health insurance, accommodation, and roundtrip travel to and from Amman.
Apply by 31/01/2024