Organization: ECPAT International (ECPAT)
Job title: Network Development Associate
Duty station: Globally home based and candidates should have the right to work in that Country.
Remuneration: Salary and benefits will be determined by location.
Contract Period: Two years (renewable)
Application Closing Date: 29 Feb 2024
About ECPAT International
ECPAT International (ECPAT) is a global network of civil society organisations working collectively for the elimination of all forms of child sexual exploitation. It seeks to encourage the world community to ensure that children everywhere enjoy their fundamental rights free and secure from all forms of sexual exploitation. The ECPAT network currently consists of 125-member organisations in 104 countries. The ECPAT Secretariat coordinates the global work of ECPAT and has a central office in Bangkok, Thailand.
ECPAT’s Network shares evidence, advocates, raises public awareness. ECPAT’s Network Development team aims to strengthen the network through capacity building and the global expansion of the network. The Network Development Associate will provide overall support to the Director of Network Engagement by streamlining membership communication, maintenance, and processes.
- Support membership processes, including reviewing affiliation and disaffiliation documents, assessment against membership standards, and preparing quarterly reports for the Supervisory Board.
- Provide support in regular communications with and data collection from ECPAT members, including organization of translations.
- Ensure the membership information on ECPAT’s website is correct.
- Keep ECPAT’s membership database up to date and complete.
- Develop online surveys to facilitate affiliation of new members.
- Provide support to set up a client relationship management system to service the ECPAT members.
- Support CSO mapping exercises.
- Prepare and organise the logistics and administration of global network meetings (mostly virtual), including the Annual Assembly of ECPAT members and support regional coordinators in organizing regional events (in person).
- Provide other administrative and network development support as needed.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French, Russian or Spanish is a distinct advantage.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, with a good eye for detail.
- A warm and engaging manner, able to relate well to people in a multi-cultural environment and to foster good relationships with network members and other regular contacts.
- Good computer skills including MS Office and Survey Monkey.
- Experience balancing a busy workload and balancing multiple tasks in cooperation with partners.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and willing to learn.
- Demonstrated skills in information synthesis, analysis and reporting.
- A collaborative and team-oriented person.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, or another related field.
Candidates should consider
ECPAT International works to a 40 hour per week schedule unless country laws dictate otherwise. Candidates should note the time zone difference between their home and ECPAT’s Head Office location in Bangkok and at times be flexible in their working hours to accommodate meetings or other occasions when their attendance is required. Candidates who are based in the GMT 0 to GMT +7 would be preferred.
To assist in remaining a globally compliant organisation, an employment contract will be offered through our Employer of Record agency, depending on the candidate’s country of residence. Information on our provider can be found here https://remote.com/country-explorer?service=all
As ECPAT’s International Secretariat we recognise that our strength lies in the diversity of the people who make up our global network, staff, volunteers and consultants. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and cultures can strive and be themselves. This means we will challenge ourselves to do better and to continue learning, to create and maintain a working environment steeped in respect, tolerance, safety, and where staff are valued equally.
As a child-focused organisation, ECPAT has a strong commitment to child safeguarding and rigorous procedures. The successful candidate will be required to provide two referees and a criminal record from the country of residence or origin (as applicable).
How to apply
Please find information on our website: https://ecpat.org/careers/. Our application form and cover letter can be submitted to: [email protected]. Please mention in the subject header your name and “Network Development Associate” and provide your gross salary expectations. Closing date 29 February 2024.