The Operations position at Women in Global Health (WGH) is fully remote apply below.
Closing Date: 21 January 2024
About this position:
The Operations Assistant (OA) will be responsible for providing senior executive support to the office of the Director of Operations in executing the WGH Organizational Effectiveness and Annual Operational Plan. Key areas of responsibility include serving as principal administrative contact and liaison, maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation related to HR and operational processes, supporting the development and implementation of operational procedures and guidelines; providing administrative support, coordinating operational activities, meetings, and logistics; effectively archiving operations and HR data, information and documents and serving as a point of contact for internal and external coordination.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance, HR, or related field
- 3 of years relevant experience in Operations, HR, or Administrative Support
- Experience supporting high-level nonprofit executives, senior staff members, or board members preferred
- Solid working knowledge of office processes and business policy development, and related computer software and electronic communications tools
- Experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy
- Highly organized and capable of managing many tasks, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Word and advanced Excel, Canva/Powerpoint usage
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills is essential
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Cultural competency is required
This is a remote position.
12-month contract with option of renewal.
Learn more about the position
About Women in Global Health: Women in Global Health (WGH) is a women-led global movement with an extensive network working across the world to challenge power and privilege for gender equity in health. It was launched in 2015 by passionate advocates for gender equity and In 2017, the movement’s co-founders created Women in Global Health, Inc., a US-incorporated charitable nonprofit organization 501(c)(3) in the state of California, to power and resource the WGH movement. WGH is virtual by design. We have no offices so our overhead is low and we hire team members, as consultants, from all over the world.
WGH has grown to include over 55 chapters across 51 countries, with a strong presence in low- and middle-income countries. The global team and the network of chapters drive change by mobilizing a diverse group of emerging women health leaders, advocating for the gender-equitable transformation of health institutions and systems across the world, and holding leaders accountable to make this happen. As an employer, WGH offers an exciting, international working environment, with exposure to high-level global health fora.
How to apply
Learn more about the position and apply through the form