Social Media Intern, Global Supply Chain Support Centre – Dubai
Closing Date: 24 January 2024
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position in the Global Supply Chain Support Centre – Dubai, UAE.
JOB TITLE: Social Media Intern
JOB CONTRACT/GRADE: Internship
DURATION: 6 to 8 months
JOB LOCATION: DUBAI, UAE
REPORTING TO: To be confirmed
EXPECTED START DATE: February 2024
Global hunger has reached alarming levels in 2022, and WFP, the Nobel Peace Prize winner in 2020, remains dedicated and committed to address this global food crisis. To enhance the efficiency and impact of our global initiatives, WFP is relocating key corporate functions within procurement and supply chain from its headquarters (Rome, Italy) to the UAE. The UAE, chosen for its strategic location, stability, advanced infrastructure, markets, expertise, and innovation, is hosting the newly established Global Supply Chain Support Center.
We are seeking a dynamic Social Media Intern to join our startup-like team and contribute to our vision of becoming a hub for innovative and impactful logistics solutions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Social Media Management:
- Support the social media accounts of the Senior SCM Director, creating a strong online presence.
- Develop and implement a content calendar to position the Director as an inspirational humanitarian leader.
- Engage with the online community and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Content Creation:
- Generate compelling content that showcases the organization’s mandate, vision, and activities.
- Highlight the unique aspects of the Global Supply Chain Support Center in UAE through visuals, articles, and other media and how the Center supports the WFP operations worldwide.
- Collaborate with team members to tell engaging stories that resonate with our audience.
- Visibility Enhancement:
- Utilize various communication channels to increase the visibility of the future Global Supply Chain Support Center in UAE.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration, sponsorships, and partnerships to enhance the Global Supply Chain Support Center’s reach.
- Monitor industry trends and recommend strategies to stay at the forefront in terms of social media.
- Employer Branding Support:
- Collaborate with the HR team to create content for the employer branding strategy.
- Position WFP and more specifically the Global Supply Chain Support Center as an employer of choice in the humanitarian and logistics sector.
- Showcase the organization’s values, culture, and commitment to employee development.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a communications, marketing, or related university program. WFP interns are required to have completed at least two years of their university programme or, if fresh graduates, they should have attended classes in the past 12 months.
- Proficient in managing and creating content for various social media platforms and familiarity with social media analytics and tools.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an ability to tailor content for different audiences.
- Knowledge of Graphic Design and multimedia skills including Canva, Trello board, and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Creative thinking to position the Senior SCM Director and the Global Supply Chain Support Center hub effectively.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment. Willingness to contribute ideas and support colleagues in various tasks.
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian efforts and a commitment to making a positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. Proactive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Proficient in English and Arabic.
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry-leading learning platform, WeLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should have:
- An overview of how WFP works and how communications are handled in the organization.
- Good understanding of how to communicate and engage with various audiences for different purposes.
- Familiarity with supporting the execution of multi-media communications campaigns and strategies.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluating multi-media communications campaigns and strategies.
- Managing and maintaining key information on knowledge management portals such as Sharepoint.
Closing Date: 24 January 2024
Please note that the deadline is at 11:59 pm UAE time (GMT + 4)
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses or arrangements for accommodation.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
If you are a creative and driven individual looking to make a difference, we invite you to join our team and contribute to the success of our Global Supply Chain Support Center in UAE. Apply now and be part of a meaningful journey!