Education Development Trust (EDT) is looking for a Business Development Consultant for a short term contract to provide immediate capacity support to the Sub-Saharan Africa region to respond to a range of new business opportunities as we pursue growth in the region.
Closing Date: 21st January 2024
About the role at EDT
You will either lead or support new business development projects and bids including: developing and maintaining project/bid plans and project documentation; communicating with key internal stakeholders, leading positioning and relationships with external stakeholder (clients, partners, education consortia, education consultants), developing proposals for contract bidding or proactive pitches. You will also contribute to research, propositions and corporate knowledge management on regional education issues. You will scan for opportunities in the region and give updates to other members of the Business Development team. You will also represent EDT with key clients and/or external partners, providing excellent Client Relationship Management to support positioning in Sub Saharan Africa.
We are looking for someone with senior level experience, but are open to applicants who possess the required skills.
You should be able to demonstrate at the minimum:
- Knowledge of education policy, practice and the political context of countries where EDT operates an office, in particular: Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone and Zimbabwe.
- At least 4 years’ experience of successful business development, including successful contract bidding, capture strategies, proposal writing and pitching.
- The ability to construct and communicate education solutions to potential clients.
- Familiarity with contract-based commercial models or proactive market-making, with an ability to engage conversely in commercial negotiations with partners, suppliers and consultants.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at the highest levels within Governments and/or leading industry organisations.
How to apply
The position will be based in any of our SSA offices in Ethiopia/Kenya/Rwanda/Zimbabwe/Sierra Leone
*we are also recruiting a permanent long-term senior role in this team.
Closing date: 21st January 2024
Interview dates: Interviews will be held week commencing 22nd January 2024
Application process: Once you click apply, you will be required to complete a short online application form and upload your CV.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring