Website Writer and Editor for the International Trade Centre (ITC) is the joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations.
Application Deadline : Jan 19, 2024
Result of Service
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND TIMELINES 1. Edited stories, articles, and other content updates ready to be published (timeframe varies from 1 to 4 days turnaround, depending on the quality of the content received) 2. Written stories, including suggested visuals/multimedia ready to be published (timeframe varies from 1 to 7 days turnaround, depending on the complexity of the content needed) 3. Closed tickets or completed editorial rounds within the ticketing system or the Drupal content management system (timeframe varies based on the type of request, from 1 to 7 days)
29.01.2024 – 31.12.2024 (150 workdays)
Established in 1964, the International Trade Centre (ITC) is the joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations. ITC is a development agency that is fully dedicated to supporting the internationalization of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). OBJECTIVE: ITC’s mission is to foster inclusive and sustainable economic development and contribute to achieving the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development. ITC works towards creating ‘trade impact for good’. ITC has recently launched a new corporate website. A writer/editor is required to work with the Digital Communications Unit to conduct writing and editorial work for the corporate website, on a daily basis, during 2023.
CONTRACT TYPE: Daily – Division/Section: Office of the Executive Director, Communications and Events Section (OED/CE) – Duration of assignment: 29.01.2024 – 31.12.2024
Duty Station: Home-Based – No travel involved
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The International Trade Centre is looking for a/an: – TITLE: Website Writer and Editor
The International Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Digital Communications Officer working with the rest of the digital communications team. The Consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide editing and editorial advice on content for the ITC website submitted by various teams at ITC;
- Create content for a selection of pages, working with ITC Management and focal points to ensure that both content and design reflect the goals of the organization (including specific project goals);
- Ensure continued adherence to ITC style guide, branding, and website-specific guidelines;
- Support in identifying visual and/multimedia content to accompany texts;
- Support and advise in refreshing existing content as necessary;
- Attend team’s meeting and weekly editorial meetings to agree on communications priorities and advise on website content opportunities, assisting focal points to stay on target with editorial deadlines.
- The Consultant is obliged to provide full access to ITC external and internal auditors to documents and information. In addition, the contractor shall comply with any audit undertaken in line with the financial regulations and rules of the United Nations.
- The Consultant has to ensure that s/he has obtained the necessary permissions with regard to intellectual property rights required to perform his/her services under this consultancy contract and for the subsequent dissemination by ITC in any form.
- Documentary proof is to be submitted to ITC.
- Should any license fee be due for the use of copyrighted materials of third parties, the Consultant shall request prior written permission from ITC. S/he has further to ensure to obtain accreditation to event(s), if required.
- ITC champions workforce diversity, inclusion, gender equality and gender parity and considers all qualified persons – of all genders – equally, including those with disabilities, without discrimination or prejudice of any kind.
- Postgraduate degree (MA/MSc/MBA, PHD or other) in Journalism, Arts, International Relations or related field. Extensive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree. Minimum of 10 years of working experience in journalism is required.
- Experience with web-related content production including working within content management systems (ie. Drupal) is required.
- Knowledge of trade and development issues. Excellent writing and oral communication skills. Extensive experience in writing and editing in a journalistic style.
- Understanding of user experience and digital audience-centric content production.
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization writing techniques. Knowledge of visual and multimedia content usage. Knowledge of digital content management systems (such as Drupal).