Apply for the Development Officer position at ForAfrika and work remotely. Apply Below
Application Deadline : 15 January 2024
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide oversight and support to the Affiliate Account Manager position which serves as the central point and liaison between Affiliate Offices, Global Services Office (GSO), and Country offices. The Development Officer position will be tasked with supporting the Affiliate Account Manager in keeping the flow of cross-departmental information and ensuring documentation and report delivery is kept on track and timely. This position will be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the MOU process from the ideation phase to project completion.
- Support Affiliate Offices and facilitate day-to-day operations ensuring a smooth operating rhythm to meet goals and objectives and support delivery efficiently and effectively on development strategy, escalating issues to the Affiliate Account Manager.
- Support Affiliate Offices in all matters relating to the grants process ensuring the smooth running of the MOU process from the ideation phase to project completion.
- Cross-departmental support – facilitate conversations by creating opportunities for synergies across the Development Division, Country Offices and Affiliate Offices.
- Ensure Affiliate Offices provide the necessary data for Group quarterly reporting purposes and support Affiliate Account Manager in basic financial reporting.
- Support Affiliate Account Manager position in identifying compliance issues across all relevant departments and ensuring Grant readiness.
- Support the building and maintenance of a repository of up-to-date policies and processes related to the Development Division.
- Coordinate with Country and Affiliate Office Salesforce Representatives in ensuring that all data is updated accurately and consistently.
- Provide the EXCO with the group pipeline reporting– Pipeline, Active Grants, MOU Monthly Payment Schedule, MOU Monthly Reporting Schedule and additional reporting as needed.
- Effective delivery of special projects as instructed by the Affiliate Account Manager position.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in development studies, international relations, business administration or other relevant subject area.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience with project design, development, management donor and programme reporting. Experience in working with international NGOs is preferred.
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills, preferably with respect to report writing.
- Experience in humanitarian relief or development programs with programmatic knowledge of (some of) the following sectors: Food Security & Livelihoods, Health, Nutrition, Education, WASH, Humanitarian Response and Protection
- Good understanding of donor organisations and funding processes
- Experience in producing high-level writing, including production of internal and donor reports, and proposal writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build excellent personal and organizational relationships.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, strategic and system thinking and ability to manage multiple stakeholder’s needs.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Ability to set up cross-functional workflow processes and manage deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organisation, analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and databases. Experience in using Salesforce and advanced Excel spreadsheet applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Strong presentation/editing and/or ability to visualize data is a plus.
- Good experience in contract management and donor servicing including online contract management systems and understanding of budgeting.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Fluency In Portuguese is an added advantage
- Must be located within +2 and or -2 GMT with remote
How to apply
How to apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and CV (max 4 pages) to [email protected] by no later than 15 January 2024.
- Please title your application subject line as Development Officer, late applications and candidates who do not comply with the above requirements will automatically be disqualified.
- Please note this is a re-advertisement and those who previously applied need not re submit their CV applications.
- Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within one month of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- This role is open to remote work, preferably within +2/-2 GMT