CANADEM is seeking seasoned Durable Solutions professionals with previous relevant experience for its Durable Solutions professional roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe.
Closing Date: 28 Dec 2023
Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies’ field offices. Most positions are for 3 to 6 month deployments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing technical and management advisory services.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience; demonstrated experience in programming,
partnership development and resource mobilization; interagency/ multi-stakeholder coordination, excellent coordination, negotiation and communication skills, as well as ability to mobilize support from a wide range of partners (public, private, civil society and academia).
- Experience in engaging development community partners, including Multilateral Development Banks and in the implementation of national development programmes and planning.
- Experience in protection programmes with in-depth knowledge of the main protection and humanitarian standards.
- Knowledge of the UN RC system and UN Missions is desirable;
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments;
- Previous experience in development or recovery planning is highly desirable;
- Familiarity with the UN, particularly the UN Reform Agenda;
- Solid experience in usage of MS Office package and web-based management systems.
CANADEM and its partners have a no-tolerance policy for inaction to prevent, respond to and follow up on alleged cases of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (SEAH). For this reason, we adhere to all policies, procedures and training of the United Nations on The Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (PSEAH). CANADEM mandates all deployees successfully complete the PSEA online course. This e-learning course is composed of a set of lessons designed to raise awareness about SEAH, become familiar with a range of measures to combat SEAH, understand the impact on victims and the consequences for UN Personnel who commit Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment.
How to apply
If you have the above-mentioned skills, please register with CANADEM before contacting us. Registration is available on our website HERE
After registering, please apply for this roster on our website HERE