The intention and spirit of the Illuminate Network is to highlight, support, advocate and create pathways and connections in ways that reframe, reorient and redesign the field of systems change towards equitable and regenerative transformation. After three years of supporting and connecting thinkers and practitioners working at the intersection of equity, collective leadership and systems change, we are now poised to move into the next phase of Illuminate which will allow us to evaluate, reflect and iterate while strengthening our governance structure and engagement capacity. It is within this context that we are seeking a Coordinator to provide administrative support and lead our communication efforts.
Summary of the position:
Reporting to the Network Director and in close collaboration with members of the Steward Group and Nodes leads the contractor is being retained to act as administrative and communication lead for the Illuminate Network. This will include developing and delivering Illuminate communication and marketing and engagement campaigns, and supporting the Steward Group and Network Director in the development and delivery programming and fund development. The contract is for 3 days/week for an initial period of five months starting as soon as possible and ending May 1st, 2024. The compensation is $3,500 (US) a month.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Communications and Engagement :
- Working with Engagement Consultant, coordinate the consultation and feedback sessions with Illuminate Network members and friends
- Deliver Illuminate communication campaigns; plan and execute an editorial calendar for communications activities including website updates, social media posts and other communications activities
- Support marketing and on-line engagement strategy for knowledge products
- Support engagement strategy by identifying and engaging with value-aligned resources, websites, blogs and social media posts, and facilitating reader and network engagement activities.
- Support the Steward Group and Network Director in the development and submission of proposals and reports.
- Assist with fund development efforts; research and outreach
- Coordinate quarterly briefings and production of status reports
- Assist the Network Director , Strategy Group and Nodes leaders in the production of webinars and other engagement activities as needed.
3. Coordination & Admin Support
- Assist the Network Director in the coordination of the Steward Group and members nodes meetings, including scheduling, zoom links, distribution of material and note-taking.
- Field requests for training, inquiries, speaking, and facilitation, etc.
- Manage Illuminate events/meetings calendar, including registration, email correspondence, inbox maintenance, and communications on behalf of Illuminate.
- Review and maintain systems for the organisation of Illuminate data, including project documentation, network member information, etc.
- Support the Network Director in the development and tracking of the annual budget and individual project budgets
- High level of comfort with frameworks and practices which seek to shift harmful systems towards equity, justice, health and balance.
- Concrete experience developing and implementing communication and engagement strategies for social purpose organizations.
- Ability to create effective administrative and project management systems that work for teams and is good at prioritizing tasks
- Experience writing headlines, descriptive copy, and captions, and managing online communication apps and platforms
- Ability to work in cross functional internal teams including leadership, marketing/communications, editorial groups, evaluation teams
- Ease with remote work environments (including the digital tools that make it possible) and an ability to thoughtfully support teams across distances.
HOW TO APPLY :
In addition to a cover letter and resume we welcome other material or form of expressions. We would love to know what drew you to this position, and how you could support Illuminate efforts to build the field and practices of systems change grounded in inclusion, equity, and collaboration. Please submit your application to [email protected] as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.