Join a dynamic and growing organization doing impactful work for those on the front lines of our nation’s STI public health crisis as a Adolescent Sexual Health Intern. Application Close on November 30th, 2023.
Position Title: Adolescent Sexual Health Intern
Reports To: Director, Adolescent Health Policy
Salary Range: $17.00/hour
Classification: Internship/Part-Time, approximately twenty (20) hours per week
Internship End Date: Estimated end date Friday, May 31st, 2024
The Adolescent Sexual Health Intern will support technical assistance, webinar development, recruitment processes, and training facilitation activities related to NCSD’s cooperative agreement with the CDC Division of Adolescent and School
Health. Reporting to the Director of Adolescent Health, they will work collaboratively with the policy team to support other aspects of NCSD’s adolescent sexual health portfolio and policy teamwork.
Here is what you will be doing:
• Develop and maintain project engagement tools – including project directory, outlook mailbox, and policy briefs
• Support logistics for webinars, virtual training, and technical assistance activities
• Organize and maintain Google Drive and ShareFile folders
• Provide support to the Adolescent Sexual Health Team in executing duties and tasks as needed/assigned
• Support NCSD’s other grant work as needed
Here is what you need to know:
- Bachelors degree and enrolled in a master’s degree program (ideally in public health, health policy, or related program)
- A strong interest in public health and health policy, specifically adolescent sexual health, HIV and STI Prevention, and school health
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for working in public health and health policy, in particular the fields of STI prevention, reproductive and sexual health
- Proficiency in identifying and translating policy language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience supporting communications channels and webinar platforms, preferred
This position is regularly scheduled to work approximately twenty (20) hours per week during core NCSD work hours, 9am-5pm EST Monday through Friday. Your work hours and assignments will be coordinated with your supervisor. This position is funded by federal grants and is contingent on continued funding.
Located in the nation’s capital, NCSD is a national public health membership organization representing health department STI directors, their support staff, and community-based partners across 50 states, seven large cities, and eight US territories. Our mission is to advance effective STI prevention programs and services in every community across the country. NCSD does this as the voice of our membership. We provide leadership, build capacity, convene partners, and advocate.
NCSD is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, transgender people, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and a writing sample (preferably around policy, adolescent health and/or sexual and reproductive health) to [email protected] with “NCSD Adolescent Sexual Health Intern Spring 2024” as the subject line.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on November 30th, 2023.
The anticipated start date for this position is no later than January 8, 2024.