This role is an excellent opportunity for a passionate, experienced digital communications professional who wants to join a significant global organization. Equality Now is a growing organization that offers the space and support for good ideas to flourish.
As this is a remote position the salary will be set using a UN Cost of Living calculator that endeavours to generate a local salary that offers the same standard of living reflected in New York, US. For guidance, this position in the UK will offer a salary between £60,530 – £78,689 depending on experience.
Application Deadline: 5th January 2024
ABOUT EQUALITY NOW
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization that works to protect and promote the rights of all women and girls around the world. Our campaigns are centered on four program areas: Legal Equality, End Sexual Violence, End Harmful Practices, and End Sexual Exploitation, with a cross-cutting focus on the unique needs of adolescent girls. Equality Now combines grassroots activism with international, regional, and national legal advocacy to achieve legal and systemic change to benefit all women and girls and works to ensure that governments enact and enforce laws and policies that uphold their rights. Equality Now is a global organization with partners and members all around the world. You’ll find our 80+ team across the world in places such as Beirut, London, Geneva, San Jose, New York, Nairobi, Tbilisi, and Washington DC, among others.
Equality Now seeks a Global Digital Manager to lead the day-to-day running of its digital channels and deliver our new digital strategy alongside the Global Head of Digital and Production. This role sits within the Digital and Production Team, led by the Global Head of Digital and Production, which acts as an internal production and digital agency for Equality Now across Advocacy Communication and Programmatic functions, as well as Development and broader Communication functions. The Global Digital Manager’s role is to accelerate the delivery of these departments’ strategies through digital activity.
The team focuses on creating and disseminating expert, authentic, balanced, meaningful, and substantive content, communicating complex and sensitive information to a range of audiences with a focus on experts, decision-makers, and funders. The team is also responsible for the communication team’s data and digital infrastructure, and this role will work closely with the Global Head of Digital and Production on the professional database, which sits across NXT and Mailchimp.
The Global Digital Manager, alongside the Global Head of Digital and Production, is responsible for delivering our digital strategy across social, email, website, and emerging digital platforms. We are looking for someone who can confidently manage the digital aspects of our editorial calendar, conceptualize content and assets from web copy to graphics and videos, and analyze results, adapting approaches accordingly.
You will have a flair for creating engaging content in various formats, be a confident and fluent writer in English, and have sound strategic and technical digital skills.
You will be a highly organized self-starter with a strong grasp of digital as a strategic tool, excited by the challenges of digital communications for a global organization, have a flair for creating engaging digital content, and can work on multiple projects at once. You will have a strong understanding of the principles of writing long-form digital content, along with social, all while communicating complex and sensitive information to a range of audiences with a focus on experts and decision-makers.
The post holder should have strong communication skills, including written and spoken English fluency, with knowledge of either Arabic, French, Spanish, or Russian a plus. The person will have a flexible approach to working hours so they can connect with the wider global comms team and respond to reactive comms needs.
Reporting to the Global Head of Digital and Production and working closely with other members of the Digital and Production Team and the wider Communication team, the Global Digital Manager will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate and execute the Editorial Calendar, ensuring the social, email, and website content calendar meets the organization’s needs across advocacy, corporate comms, and development, including delivering repeating digital content products and leading on digital responses to key international days and anniversaries.
- Plan and create engaging content for social media, emails, and our website in response to communications strategies defined by the advocacy and development teams.
- Together with the Global Head of Digital and Production, develop our tone of voice and brand identity across all digital channels in line with our new brand and digital strategy.
- Manage our social media platforms, including strategically scheduling content, engaging with our social media community to help build engagement and brand affinity, and engaging with external content collaborators to grow our audience.
- Lead on creating social and digital assets, particularly video, audio, website content, and basic graphic design, accessing our pool of freelancers as required, using tools including Canva, WordPress, and InDesign.
- Lead the distribution and production of rolling email communications and automation in line with the new digital strategy.
- Own the Equality Now website with the Global Head of Digital and Production, manage the day-to-day relationship with our external website developer, and deliver expert, authentic, balanced, meaningful, and substantive content that meets our digital strategy.
- Continually review website content and navigation effectiveness, working to identify and make improvements to drive engagement with our expert content in line with an SEO strategy.
- Manage and set up paid advertising across social media and digital advertising accounts, including on Meta Business Suite, and continue to ensure we make the most of our Google Grants.
- Prepare reports on the performance of digital activity and advise colleagues on the best way to respond and improve.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least seven years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in using website content management systems and experience working on large scale website builds or upgrades.
- Experience implementing communication strategies and processes across organisations.
- Working experience with website analytics, social media platforms, and digital advertising best practices.
- Demonstrable experience in social or email communications strategy and execution.
- Knowledge of the latest digital marketing trends and technologies.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Upbeat, motivated, and solutions-driven.
- You’ll enjoy researching, writing, designing, and producing digital content.
- Graphic design skills, including experience in Canva or InDesign, with video editing skills desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- High-quality writing skills – that extend to digital channels, including writing for SEO and social.
- Creativity and the ability to apply it to agreed-upon strategies to achieve communications objectives.
- Takes accountability for actions and works with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Data Protection principles, rights, and obligations, are desirable.
- Comfortable using Google Suite, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- A flexible approach to work: as a global organization, you may have to work outside of regular nine-to-five hours to accommodate time zones.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit, here and submit a resume/CV.
Due to the volume of applicants anticipated for this role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Equality Now is strong because it is diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Equality Now offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, savings, health, and vacation benefits, and is an Equal Opportunity employer. Equality Now employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity and expression, language, political or another opinion, nationality, ethnic or social origin, disability, pregnancy, mental status, HIV status, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We welcome all kinds of diversity. Candidates are selected on the basis of ability, in accordance with all country and location-specific laws.