The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. We manage an operating budget of approximately $5.9 billion each year, distributing 12.6 billion rations to those most in need. We reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries each year.
World Food Programme, Regional Bureau for Southern Africa in Johannesburg is a Regional Office coordinating and supporting the delivery of humanitarian assistance to 13 Southern Africa countries including, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Botswana, Malawi, Madagascar, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo Brazzaville, Tanzania, Angola.
GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
You will learn about WFP and its culture through real-life work experience and we will provide you on-the-job training and performance feedback to kick-start your professional career.
Through this experience, you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
Learning & Development:
You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching. The Graduate Trainee will have access to an industry leading learning platforms.
You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from different nationalities. Depending on available opportunities Graduate Trainees may travel to other locations for learning and exposure.
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – IT Support (Innovation & Digital Solutions)
Unit / Division: Technology
Duty Station: Windhoek, Namibia
Duration: 11 months
Salary & Benefits: Graduates will receive competitive monthly remuneration and Medical Aid
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any of the following disciplines Digital Transformation, Programming, IT Solutions, IT Systems, Data Business Processing.
Qualifications must have been obtained within the previous year (2022) or current year (2023) with an academic average of at least 75%.
The undergraduate or postgraduate quaification must be recognised by https://www.whed.net/home.php)
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture – Reviews IT governance process and system architecture development and analyses current designs to suggest improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization – learns and develops working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to suggest business case for change.
- System Design – Documents system requirements, understands different system design diagrams, their applications, and can use them to document system function.
- Solution Development – Collaborates in design, coding, testing, bug-fixing and readily learns new software development tools and platforms.
- Service Management – Monitors maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to address issues and suggest improvements for overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are actioned on time.
- Client Management – Exhibits attention to detail on customers’ IT requests to take appropriate action including timely issue escalations. Notices patterns in reported issues and take proactive measures.
- Procurement and Contract Management- conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies/solutions and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability
- Technical Expertise – Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technology trends and product releases.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- be national or permanent resident of the country in which the position is advertised.
- attach the following: a CV in English, University Transcript, Degree Certificate and Identity Document with application.
- not have a first-level family member working for WFP (parent, sibling, or child)
- have no work experience or up to a maximum of 12 months’ post-graduate cumulative formal work experience (this excludes work undertaken during full-time studies)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 24 November 2023