Are you passionate about contributing to global peace and security efforts? The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is offering a unique opportunity for individuals interested in gaining hands-on experience in the field. The vacancy, designated as INT_007_2023, is for the position of Intern, Peace and Security, within the UNSSC Peace and Security Hub.
- Vacancy No: INT_007_2023
- Post Title: Intern, Peace and Security
- Organizational Unit: UNSSC Peace and Security Hub
- Duty Station: Home-based (with flexibility to work according to Turin working hours)
- Duration: 6 months
- Remuneration: 450€ per month
- Deadline for applications: 24 November 2023
At UNSSC, recruitment is guided by the principles of efficiency, competence, and integrity. The organization values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that respects gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and disabilities. Reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities can be provided upon request.
The UNSSC is dedicated to meeting the learning and knowledge needs of the UN system and partner organizations. Headquartered in Turin, Italy, with an office in Bonn, Germany, UNSSC focuses on leadership and management, sustainable development, and peace and security. The internship position is located within the Peace and Security Hub, specifically working on Children and Armed Conflict and Peacekeeping-Intelligence portfolios.
Under the direct supervision of the Learning Portfolio Manager, the intern will undertake various responsibilities, including:
- Supporting the development of Children and Armed Conflict (CAAC) and Peacekeeping-Intelligence (PKI) Articulate Rise modules.
- Maintaining and enhancing CAAC and PKI Moodle platforms and other Peace and Security Moodle pages.
- Contributing to communication efforts, including drafting information pieces and correspondence.
- Assisting in administrative tasks, internal discussions, note-taking, and report writing.
- Providing technical support to e-learning development processes.
Education: Candidates currently enrolled in or having completed a University degree in International Relations, Political Science, Human Rights, Social Science, or a related field.
Experience: Previous work experience is not required, but experience with E-learning platforms and programs is an asset.
Language Competencies: Fluency in English (written and oral).
Computer Skills: Knowledge of online learning and social media tools, proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet browsers, and online platforms. Familiarity with Articulate Rise and/or the Adobe suite is an asset.
Submission of Applications
Eligible candidates should submit the following documents in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume)
- A motivation letter
- For current university students, an endorsement from their institution
Applications should be submitted through the online application form available at UNSSC Employment Opportunities.
Selection and Commencement: Candidates will be selected on a competitive basis, and only short-listed candidates will be interviewed. Results of the selection process will be communicated promptly.
Completion of the Program: At the end of the internship, a written evaluation of the intern’s performance will be prepared, and a feedback session will be organized. A certificate of attendance will be provided upon completion.
Financial Aspects: Interns will receive a monthly stipend of 450€ from UNSSC to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. No other payments will be made in connection with the internship agreement.
Further Career Opportunities: Interns will not be considered staff members of UNSSC and will not accrue benefits. The internship does not guarantee conversion to any other contract or appointment. Interns may not apply for or be appointed to positions in the Professional or above categories during the internship and for six months after its conclusion.
For more information, VISIT HERE