About the Radboud Scholarship Programme
Application due on 14 February 2024 23:59 CEST
The Radboud Scholarship Programme is a very selective scholarship programme. It offers talented, highly motivated, non-EEA students with outstanding study results the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for a complete English-taught Radboud University Master’s programme.
Scope of the programme
A Radboud Scholarship will reduce your tuition fee to €2.530,-. For example: a grant holder in 2024/2025 will pay a tuition fee of only €2.530,- instead of €17,000. The scholarship also covers costs for visa, residence permit, health insurance and liability insurance for your stay in the Netherlands (Aon Student Insurance). The costs of living and studying in the Netherlands are not covered by the scholarship.
For 2024/2025, a maximum of 28 Radboud Scholarships are available: Faculty of Arts (2), Faculty of Law (5), Nijmegen School of Management (4), Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies (2), Faculty of Science (11), Faculty of Social Sciences (4).
- hold a non-EU/non-EEA passport.
- are not eligible for the lower EU/EEA tuition fee for other reasons.
- have (will obtain) a Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands, have no degrees achieved in the Netherlands and did not receive any previous education in the Netherlands (exchange programmes excluded, provided that they are part of the Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands).
- meet the English language proficiency requirement for the Master’s programme of your choice.
- have been fully admitted to the English-taught Master’s programme starting 1 September 2024 as stated in the formal letter of admission.
- are able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands.
- are enrolled at Radboud University as a full-time student for the academic year and Master’s programme for which the scholarship will be awarded.
How to apply
You can apply by indicating during your application for admission for a Master’s programme in the OSIRIS Application system that you wish to apply for a Radboud Scholarship. You will then be requested to upload three additional documents: two reference letters and a curriculum vitae. If you already uploaded these documents for the Master’s programme application, you can upload the same documents again for your scholarship application.
The selection for the scholarship and the admission to the Master’s programme are two separate processes: admission to the Master’s programme does not imply selection for the scholarship.
The selection of the scholarship recipients will be based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding study results in your present field of study, for example through grades, test scores, publications.
- Relevancy of your previous degree to the Master’s programme.
- The ranking of the university where you obtained your previous degree(s).
- The quality and relevance of your motivation letter for the Master’s programme.
- Show promise, based on previous achievements, performances and work in the relevant field of study.
- Life experience and/or extracurricular activities such as internships or volunteering.
- Quality of the recommendations in the two reference letters, preferably two academic references, please see these reference guidelines.
All students applying for the Radboud Scholarship will be individually considered by the selection committee of the faculty they applied to. This selection is based on the criteria as mentioned above. Faculties may base their selection on other criteria as well; some study programmes hold interviews for example.
- In case you are selected as a scholarship recipient and you are admitted to a two-year Master’s programme: to qualify for the grant again for the second year, you need to have passed all courses in the first year.
- The Radboud Scholarship cannot be combined with the Radboud Encouragement Scholarship, or Fulbright-Radboud Scholarship. If eligible, you may apply for more than one scholarship, but only one scholarship will be granted. However, please note that you cannot apply for both the Radboud Scholarship Programme and Radboud Encouragement Scholarship, you can only apply for one of these two.
- The Radboud Scholarship can be combined with the NL Scholarship. For more information about the NL Scholarship and how to apply, please see this webpage.