Are you an East Africa led civil society organisation working to achieve period equality for all? Irise Institute East Africa is seeking proposals for The Period Equality Network (TPEN) Small Grants round second.
Deadline: 27 October 2023
TPEN provides a space where grassroots organisations and those working with them can share resources & learning, access training, and be part of an active community to support their work and advocacy.
The successful proposals must do some or all of the following:
- Deliver holistic, community-led action to tackle period inequality
- Support grassroots advocacy and influencing related to period inequality
- Support people affected by period inequality to play an active role in creating positive change
Additionally, all successful proposals must include an element that contributes to producing and sharing learning with the rest of the Period Equality Network
- Funding amount: £1,000 – £5,000
- Funds must be spent within 12 months of receipt.
- Applications are open to East-African led organisations operating within East Africa that does one or more of the following:
- Delivers holistic, community-led action to tackle period inequality
- Supports grassroots advocacy and influencing related to period inequality
- Supports people affected by period inequality to play an active role in creating positive change
- Additionally, all successful proposals must include an element that contributes to producing sharable learning with members of the Period Equality Network, with successful applicants expected to actively contribute to the Period Equality Network’s community and mission.
- Be based and operating in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, or Uganda.
- Be registered in your country of operation as a non-profit organisation, NGO, or CBO.
- Have an annual income of £50,000 or less in your most recent annual accounts or projected income of £50,000 or less for this year if less than 1 year old.
- Have an operating memorandum of understanding in the region/district where the project will be delivered.
- Have a registered bank account with at least 2 unrelated signatories.
- Have annual audited accounts or a set of management accounts if less than 1 year old.
- Have or be able to put in place safeguarding, financial management, and anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption policies.
- Have 3 unrelated board members.
For more information, visit here