Work on climate justice and digital rights apply to be a Green Web Fellow today!
Application deadline: October 31, 2023
The Green Web Foundation is calling for the next cohort of fellows: We are seeking five practitioners in digital rights and climate justice who want to build bridges across these movements. Apply today for a paid part-time online fellowship of six months. Successful fellows will be supported in a peer-learning program and deliver a community-based project that contributes to digital rights and climate justice.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA– GREEN WEB FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP
A successful fellow:
- Is an active practitioner in the movements for digital rights and/or climate justice and is eager to explore how these movements can learn from and support one another
- Has a clearly articulated project that i) serves a community that the fellow is a part of and ii) bridges the movements for digital rights and climate justice in a practical way. Some areas for projects could be: open data for climate justice; digital security for environmental land right defenders; digital sustainable infrastructures; fossil-free internet; building open source technology to tackle the climate crisis; combating climate mis- and disinformation; or countering digital and environmental extractivism.
- Takes action towards more just and sustainable futures, holds collaborative space for their communities, and is dedicated to self reflection in their practice.
- Is affiliated with an organization or works independently
We understand that the effects of climate change will be felt disproportionately by the global south, especially people of color, indigenous and traditional people, local communities, and specific ethnic-racial groups. This is why we especially encourage people who identify as Most Affected People and Areas (MAPA) to apply, and we also encourage projects that are built by affected communities or in close partnership with them. We also acknowledge that proposed projects may be at different levels of maturity and readiness, so we therefore invite you to self-assess how achievable your proposal is or what would help make it happen.
This fellowship is a remote online fellowship, so applications from across the world are welcome. We are meeting weekly on a video call platform, so a stable internet connection and a good level of English (written and spoken) is needed. We know that language can be a barrier for some people, and are exploring to extend the fellowship to other languages in the future if funding allows. If you are not sure about your level of English, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
BENEFITS OF THE GREEN WEB FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP
- A stipend of €6,000 to compensate their time
- A project budget available upon request for collaborators, materials, travel and other expenses for the proposed project
- Mentorship from experienced practitioners in greening the internet, climate justice, digital rights and facilitative leadership
- dedicate 5 hours a week to their fellowship for 6 months
- design and deliver a fellowship project that contributes to digital rights and climate justice
- participate in weekly cohort calls and regular self-directed learning while documenting their experience in the open
- write monthly blog posts about their experience and learnings during the fellowship
Questions? Email [email protected] and put this emoji in the subject line: ⚡
Ready to apply?
To know more about Green Web Foundation, Visit Here