Apply for the International Student Essay Competition 2024.
ABOUT TSL INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ESSAY COMPETITION
Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) invites students to write on how nature can help us achieve the UN SDGs in their communities. Nature provides us with everything we need to survive and thrive – clean air and water, food, materials for shelter, medicines and so much more. Many people believe that nature can help us tackle major global challenges such as climate change, food and water security, biodiversity loss and disaster risk reduction, as well as improving human health, societal wellbeing and developing sustainable economies. Students are invited to approach the topic however they wish. They can choose to focus on one SDG, or multiple SDGs that they feel are a key issue within their communities and explore how nature could help to improve the situation. They are strongly encouraged to include their own personal views, perspectives and experiences to help bring their thoughts and visions alive.
- One overall Grand Prize Winner will receive a trophy and a cash prize of £1000 and £500 for their school, with one Runner Up receiving a trophy and a cash prize of £500 and £250 for their school (cash prizes paid in local currency).
- All participating Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists & Honourable Mentions, and International Debate participants, will receive personalised e-certificates.
- Open to students around the world
- The essay length varies by age as follows:
- Primary students (ages 7-11): 400 words
- Secondary and College students (ages 12-18): 600 words
DEADLINE: January 18, 2024
To Apply: Visit Official Website Here