UNAIDS Internship 2023 (Paid Internships)
Application Deadline: 15 December 2023
UNAIDS Internship 2023 is now open for applications. Interested applicants from around the globe, and especially UN member countries are invited to apply. The internship opportunity which lasts for 2 to 6 months is open to both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as fresh graduates (Bachelor, Master’s and even PhD holders).
UNAIDS is a short form representing The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. It is a wing of the United Nations responsible for leading and inspiring the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank.
Program Type: Student and Graduate Internship
Program Location: Various
Program Duration: 2 to 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students/Graduates
Nationality: UN Member States
UNAIDS Internship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this UNAIDS Internship opportunity, the candidates must
- be holders of a valid passport/ID from WHO/UNAIDS Member State
- be at least 20 years of age at the date of application
- be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution, OR
- have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution within the past year.
- have a working knowledge of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish)
- have NOT previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
- have the following underlisted abilities to meet the contractual terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions:
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfil commitments and use resources responsibly.
- A stipend will be offered by UNAIDS to contribute to intern’s living expenses
- Interns will be provided with genera medical illness, accident and emergency illness coverage insurance
How to Apply
- Please visit UNAIDS’s e-Recruitment website at: https://erecruit.unaids.org to review and apply to positions.
- The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
- Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome
- Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.