American Association for Cancer Research welcomes medical applicants under the AACR Research Fellowships in USA to come and get work exposure. The scholarship grant is given under the following headers: AACR-AstraZeneca Clinical Hematology or Oncology Research Training Fellowships and AACR-Johnson & Johnson Clinical Oncology Research Training Fellowships to Further Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The fellowship is announced to facilitate early-career clinical scientists with a medical degree in MD, DO, or MD/PhD. Medical students who are interested in enriching their knowledge and skills, relevant to drug development in view of the pharmaceutical industry, are encouraged to apply.
Through free work experience in America, American fellows will gain real-life work experience in the fields, including drug development, data analysis, clinical research, and clinical trial design. You will be expected to execute and complete clinical activities and clinical research-based projects during your tenure of one year in America. You will also get the additional advantage of publication and presentation of your finished work. AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are the industry partners of this global fellowship program in the USA. AstraZeneca fellowship will be in Gaithersburg, MD and they prefer applicants from late-stage clinical development within hematology or oncology.
The other remarkable opportunity under the fully funded fellowship is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson and it will be located at great Boston or Philadelphia. This aforementioned fellowship encourages applicants belonging to early-stage clinical development for non-small cell lung cancer. The Johnson & Johnson fellowship aims to get you hands-on in early-stage clinical development with the purpose of intercepting lung cancers in a high-risk population. Moreover, you will be provided with time flexibility during your work. It is important to note that your submitted applications will be reviewed by an AACR Scientific Review Committee on a quarterly basis to make assessments in due manner.
During the fully-funded international fellowship opportunities in the USA, you will be paired with one industry scientist or clinical team member as your mentor. You will have the opportunity to shadow your mentor during your day-to-day activities at work, including meetings with relevant key stakeholders, project teams, and academia. You will be having discussions around the following themes: drug development strategy and its execution, regulatory strategy implementation, marketing, statistics, and clinical operations. In addition, focus areas of biomarker discovery and preclinical research are also provided in a few cases, depending on the background of the applicants. You will learn about the fundamentals of clinical research, and designing clinical projects also.
AACR Research Fellowships in the USA 2024:
- The USA.
- AstraZeneca: Gaithersberg, MD.
- Johnson & Johnson: Great Boston or Philadelphia.
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- Johnson & Johnson.
- Graduate Level.
- Doctoral Level.
- The period of the AACR Clinical Oncology Research (CORE) Training Fellowships is one year.
Benefits of the AACR Research Training Fellowships in USA 2024:
- The grant amount of $ 100,000.
- Exposure to advanced medical approaches and techniques in the USA.
- Familiarity with advanced medical equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of the medical field.
Eligibility Criteria of the AACR Research Fellowships in USA 2024:
- Applicant should have a medical degree in a related field.
- Applicants, currently enrolled in a doctoral degree, cannot apply.
- Applicants should have enrolled in an accredited oncology or hematology fellowship program at a medical, research, or academic institution within the US.
- No requirement for citizenship.
- In the case of non-U.S. citizenship, your visa should have sufficient time to complete the fellowship duration.
- Applicants must be AACR members.
- In the case of non-AACR members, you should apply for the official membership application form before the application deadline.
- Applicants should not be among the following:
- Employees or subcontractors of a U.S. entity.
- An employee of a for-profit private sector.
- Clinical fellow applying from a US government laboratory.
- For the Johnson & Johnson grant, individuals must have the following characteristics:
- Belong to racial or ethnic groups as per National Science Foundation and be underrepresented in health sciences.
- Having a disability or physical impairment that has restricted them to limit their life activities.
- Belonging to disadvantaged backgrounds.
How to Apply for the AACR Research Fellowships in the USA 2024?
- Applicants have to send the application material and supporting attachments to [email protected] with the subject titled “Applicant name-AACR CORE Training Fellowship Application Submission.”
- Fill up the required fields of the application form carefully.
- Provide all the supporting documents.
Documents Required for the AACR Fellowships in USA 2024:
- Applicant’s CV.
- Completed application form.
- Biographical sketch of an academic mentor.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Letter of Reference from Academic Mentor.
- Letter of Reference from Endorser.
- Applicant checklist.
- Copy of Visa.
- Copy of Passport.
- The application deadline for the American Association of Cancer Research Fellowships in the USA 2024 is August 31, 2023.