Description of assignment title
UN Women is looking for Online Volunteers to support and guidance to entrepreneurs throughout Women’s Entrepreneurship Expo 2023
Assignment country: Türkiye
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 11 – 15
Host entity: UN Women ECA RO
Duration: 12 weeks
Number of assignments: 20
Mission and objectives
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Online Volunteers Assignment Context
Building on the successes of the first ever Europe and Central Asia Expo “Connect and Create” for Europe and Central Asia in 2021, UN Women is launched the third phase of its Women’s Entrepreneurship Expo series “Partner and Accelerate.” Bringing women entrepreneurs at the heart of Expo 2022, it engaged partners and mentor networks established in 2021 and new ones to be established, the Expo has attempted to accelerate women entrepreneurs’ greater access to markets and finance.
Enhanced focus was put on inclusion of women owned businesses in the corporate supply chains. In making more women become successful entrepreneurs regionally and beyond, UN Women established several partnerships around Expo 2022 to facilitate new business connections for women entrepreneurs and maximize their business growth. Expo 2022 catalyzed ongoing strategic partnerships with international finance institutions (IFIs) and private sector companies to facilitate business connections and growth for women entrepreneurs.
As a result of these partnerships, over 1,600 women entrepreneurs accessed an interactive and inclusive professional space to develop their skills, access business tools, and receive mentorship. Further, 243 women entrepreneurs physically presented and sold products and services through satellite Expos, and 163 women entrepreneurs increased their knowledge, networked, and promoted products during in satellite summits. More information about the Expo can be found here: https://www.unwomenexpo.org/
Online Volunteers Task description
Working under the guidance of, and in close collaboration with UN Women, the online volunteers will be responsible for the following as required:
• To review submitted applications of women entrepreneurs, assess against eligibility criteria, group per sector and develop individual profiles of women entrepreneurs
• In case of missing information in applications, follow up with entrepreneurs to fill in the information gaps;
• To maintain regular contact with women entrepreneurs (respond to their emails, clarification requests, ensure their participation in meetings, seminars etc) in close coordination with UN Women in English and in local language;
• To plan and conduct in close coordination with UN Women meetings/orientation sessions with women entrepreneurs to guide them through Expo stages;
• In coordination with UN Women and relevant partners, conduct pre-event assessment on the knowledge and needs of participating women entrepreneurs and a post-event evaluation on their learnings;
• Support in systematizing information for creation of virtual booths of women entrepreneurs;
Online Volunteers Deliverables:
– Applications of women entrepreneurs reviewed, assessed against eligibility criteria, systematized, grouped per sector and individual profiles of women entrepreneurs developed; if necessary, in case of missing information in applications, follow up with entrepreneurs ensured to fill in the information gaps; Up to 200 applications, depending on number of applications of entrepreneurs from the specific country/language.
Meetings/orientation sessions with women entrepreneurs planned and conducted to guide them through Expo stages; 1 orientation session per language, – Regular contact with women entrepreneurs maintained (responding to their emails, clarification requests, ensure their participation in meetings, seminars etc) in close coordination with UN Women; Up to 5 working days,
– In coordination with UN Women and relevant partners, pre-event assessment on the knowledge and needs of participating women entrepreneurs and a post-event evaluation on their learnings conducted; Up to 4 working days,
– Support in systematizing information for creation of virtual booths of women entrepreneurs provided; Up to 15 virtual booths per language -A detailed report on the tasks accomplished during the assignment prepared (up to 1000 words) ,
Online Volunteers Requirements
Online Volunteers Required experience
– experience in systematizing information
– good communication and organizational skills
– experience in writing reports Language and Other Skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required
• Fluency in one of the following languages is required: Armenian, Albanian, Bosnian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Romanian, Serbian, Tajik, Turkish, Ukrainian
• Good computer skills in Windows, knowledge of internet communications and command of MS Office applications (Power Point, Word, Excel) required
Required Languages for the Online Volunteers Assignment
Albanian, Level: Fluent, Required Bosnian, Level: Fluent, Required Macedonian, Level: Fluent, Required Ukrainian, Level: Fluent, Required Kazakh, Level: Fluent, Required Kirghiz, Level: Fluent, Required Serbian, Level: Fluent, Required Romanian, Level: Fluent, Required Tajik, Level: Fluent, Required Turkish, Level: Fluent, Required Armenian E, Level: Fluent, Required