the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill an intern position at the Food Security Cluster/Emergency Division, based in Rome, Italy.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Social Media and Digital Communication assistant will integrate the Communications and Advocacy team of the Global Food Security Cluster (gFSC), which is co-led by WFP and FAO in Rome, Italy, and report to Global Cluster Co-Coordinator (WFP).
He/she will support liaising with country FSC teams to collect communication and advocacy material to elevate on global platforms and ensure the global FSC raise the profile and visibility of the food security responses.
The incumbent will contribute to the development and maintenance of the editorial calendar, social media Trello boards and will also assist the Communication and Advocacy team with a broader range of communications and advocacy material, in particular the website and newsletters.
The role will contribute to the Communications & Advocacy mission to present a standard and consistent overview of gFSC/FSC operations, support effective relationships and collaboration with external partners, and ensure a flow of relevant, quality-controlled information between gFSC/FSC and stakeholders and the broader public to facilitate timely decision-making at all levels.
- Title of Post: Internship
- Supervisor: Communication and advocacy officer
- Unit: Global Food Security Cluster (gFSC)
- Country: Italy
- Duty Station: Rome
- Duration of internship: 8 months
- Expected Start Date: 1 October 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with country FSC to develop social media content on a regular basis.
- Maintain the global FSC social media editorial calendar.
- Interact country FSCs and communication partners to further enhance the use of social media boards.
- Draft social media messages and visuals.
- Produce visual communication products as and when required.
- Support maintaining the website up to date especially the country pages.
- Assist in producing newsletters, bulletins templates among other digital products.
- Participate in communication catch-up calls and ensure liaison with country to identify priority topics of concern.
- Support the communication and advocacy efforts on a broader scale (in particular events and workshops), if requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate programme from a recognized university OR recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a recognized university.
- University course attendance in the past 12 months.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, requirements and styles
- Knowledge of analytical tools
- Creative mindset and good storytelling abilities
- Experience with content management systems and image editing software
- Knowledge of graphic design tools and excellent skills in creating visually appealing content
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Experience in the humanitarian environment is desirable.
Excellent written and spoken English is required (proficiency/level C).
Knowledge of a second UN working language (preferably French).
SUPERVISION (Level/Methods of Supervision)
Under the direct supervision of the Communication and Advocacy officer
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, weLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should:
- Have acquired a good knowledge of the Food Security Cluster language and branding identity
- Be autonomous in posting on social media timely updates on food crises and FSC responses
- Have acquired graphic design skills in line with the communication standards
- Have a solid understanding of the difference between information management products and communication and advocacy products
- Have a solid knowledge of social media best practices
- Have gained analytical skills
- Acquired good communication skills
- Have increased the audience and improved the online presence of the Food Security Cluster
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- VA Reference no: 828274
- Closing Date: 6 August 2023 at 23:59 Rome time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Master how to land a highly competitive scholarship here!
Here is how you can relocate to the UK as a social worker.
Here is how you can land a scholarship of your dreams.
Global South Opportunities equalising the unequal world of opportunities.